THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Going Home: a picture is worth 1000 words

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Grounds For Sculpture

The Grounds for Sculpture field trip was definitely one of the most amazing trips I’ve ever been on. Even with the rain, it was still pretty damn amazing. Personally, I think that the rain gave the park a nice little extra touch. It was a whole new element that if it were an inside museum, you would never experience.
I still can’t believe how amazing those pieces of art were. I saw statues of humans far off into the distance, and until I got closer, I thought they were people visiting the park. Grounds for Sculpture seriously left me in awe. I feel like I didn’t have enough time to really explore. I pretty much stuck around with Katie the whole time. Every once in a while, we would find some of out other class mates like Tony, Olivia and Joe, too. We kept getting lost. I actually enjoyed getting lost. We kept stumbling onto the discovery of statues we had not yet seen. The whole time we were having fun; getting in the adventure mood by yelling “ADVENTURE!” and “ONWARD!” and “TALLY-HO!” It was just a blast.
I think we should really have more time to explore, and more hints for the scavenger hunt. We kept going by Rats to find the dinner party but we never found it. That probably made us waste the most time. The French flag was hard to find too. I really want to go back again to find the things I missed and just enjoy the whole park again.


1- What artist designed the "Great Depression Breadline" sculpture?
George Segal

2- What artist design the "Nine Muses"?
Carlos Dorrien

3- When did the Grounds for Sculpture park design begin?
1984

4- Where was the monkey sculpture located?
Hidden in a little cubby inside a bush.

5- What was your favorite sculpture/artist on display?
Seward Johnson

a: Favorite piece of work by this artist?
On Poppied Hill

b: Describe it.
A grown woman, maybe from the early 1920's and a child on top of a hill with a side full of red poppies.

0 comments: