THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Going Home: a picture is worth 1000 words

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Guggenheim Reflections

My first impression of Frank Lloyd Wrights Guggenheim meuseam was that it was really crowded. But in all seriousness, when your in that first hallway with the low celing it felt like the walls were closing in on us. However, when the celing then opens up and reveals the spiral ramp, it's almost like a feeling of awe.


At the start, I felt really excited walking up the ramp and looking at things along the way. However, after a while, everything started to look the same and boring. You cant really stay there for too long.

The first pieces of art that i saw by Kadinsky, i really didnt like. They looked identical and like he just closed his eyes, and painted. However, there were some pieces that i did like; they were more towards the top of the spiral. My favorite pieces were in the section titled "his paper works". I loved that section.

I wasn't really expecting much. I thought the museam would be bigger. I also expected better art, like in the MoMA. The thing I like about the MoMA is that there are more than one artist on display. I dont like How only Kadinsky was featured in the Guggenheim.

I liked having the headphones. That was nice.

My favorite part of the trip was first walking into the Guggenheim. The feeling was really great and I liked it.

0 comments: